Pages

Wednesday 22 July 2015

Skincare - Mamma Treats - Dry skin woes

A couple of weeks ago after my second was born my skin became so dry. I have never had dry skin, in fact I moaned about my oily skin (I take it back now!). I reached out on social media for some help and tried and tested a couple of different products.  Thankfully I found three that made such a difference.

1 - Bioderma Micellar Water

Ok! Before the make up buffs give out to me, since having my first, my taking off makeup routine consisted of walking bleary eyed up the stairs wiping my make up off with a baby wipe! Yes, I know its not great so when I was kindly sent some Bioderma products to try I decided to give it a go.  I had heard lots and seen lots of different brands of micellar water in shops and wasn't really sure what to expect.  I must say I was pleasantly surprised it really does remove all traces of make up off including stubborn mascara.  Its also super quick, I use on a bit of cotton wool (what new mum doesn't have plenty cotton wool!!!) and make up is off in a flash.

Its not drying or oily which I expected it to be.  I can safely say I have ditched the baby wipes to wash off my makeup for good. On the rare moments I get some time to myself, I do like to give my skin a good deep cleanse but for the tired-no-time-mummy days, its all about the micellar water for me.


It is only new to the Irish market but available from most chemists.

2 - Bia Beauty Skin Superfood

I purchased this product on-line from a company in Cork called Bia Beauty (actually love that name!).  They produce a range of natural skin care products at great prices.   I ordered the 50 ml of this product and it was out of stock and was sent the 100ml for the same price, that is good customer service.

I used this product after taking my makeup off every evening.  I actually applied it quite liberally and let soak in overnight.  The texture is lovely and there is little of no scent from it. The listed ingredients include the traditional soothing herbs of comfrey, calendula and mallow.  It took about 4 or 5 nights of using it to really start to see the difference.  I was delighted to see it left my skin very smooth and really moisturised the dry patches particularly around my jaw line where they were worst.

Once my skin was re hydrated I went back to using a normal moisturiser but I do go back to this product when my skin gets dry, which seems to be around the time of the month for me since having babies.  Its great to find a product that works and at such a good price and Irish which is also a bonus for me.



 3 - Vaseline Spray and Go Moisturiser
Stretch marks!!! Need I say anymore about them.  I didn't get any on my first but suffered badly on my second.  After having the section my tummy area was so tender and I couldn't bear to rub cream on it so it was great to get a product which was moisturising but in a spray.

I used (and still do)  this after ever shower (but not on the scar itself) and it really does moisturise the skin on my tummy area.  I am certainly not under the illusion that this was going to cure them or even get rid of the crinkled skin ( im sure there is a better technical term for this!). It did however much improve the effect of the crinkled part around my belly button.

I'm all about speed! After all with having kids every second counts, so this is so quick to use, it sprays evening literally in a matter of second and dries almost instantly, smells divine too.

I threw this in on impluse during my weekly shopping and im glad I did, ill keep using it for sure. It is available in most supermarkets and chemists.


~ Mamma F

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY ALEELILY DESIGNS | POWERED BY BLOGGER.